Open Post-doctoral & Visiting Researcher Positions
Federal University of Ceara (UFC), Department of Teleinformatics Engineering, Wireless Telecom Research Group (GTEL), Fortaleza – Brazil
The post-doctoral positions will be housed at the Department of Teleinformatics Engineering at Federal University of Ceara (UFC), Fortaleza, Brazil, and will be initially funded for 1 year. The fellowships will be fully supported by the CAPES national agency (Brazilian Ministry of Education). Travel and installation expenses will be fully paid. Funding will be available upon request.
The research project deals with the study of new algorithms for deep neural networks, with a particular focus on reducing the complexity of the learning process by resorting to tensor decompositions to model and factorize neural network structures. Topics include:
- Tensor decomposition-based deep learning;
- Low-rank multilinear modeling of convolution neural nets.
Requirements: Doctoral degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering. Strong skills in signal processing and machine learning.
The research project deals with the topics of channel estimation, space-time filtering, low-rank modeling, and tensor decompositions applied to multi-antenna systems assisted by intelligent reflective surfaces. Topics include:
- Matrix- and tensor-based signal processing algorithms for intelligent reflecting surface (IRS) assisted MIMO communications;
- Low-rank modeling & filtering algorithms for large-antenna wireless transceivers.
Requirements: Doctoral degree in Electrical Engineering or a closely-related discipline. Strong skills in signal processing for communications.
How to apply
Please submit the materials listed below electronically to André L. F. de Almeida – email@example.com
- Curriculum vitae with publications;
- 1-page research statement;
- Contact information for two references is desirable.
Prof. Dr. André L. F. de Almeida – E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org